1. Information Collection and Use
We collect information from various sources that we use to provide our Services to you, to analyze and improve our Services, and to communicate with you (e.g., to send you updates or notices about our organization, or emails about products or services that we believe may be of interest to you). The PII that we collect and the purpose for our collecting such information is as follows:
- Information that you provide to us: We collect PII that you provide to us when you set up an account with us, use our Services, or communicate with us. For example, if you register for an online account with us, then we may request your PII or as applicable your business information, to complete the registration process, to process transactions, to send you information or promotional offers about our products, to send you promotional offers from third parties that we think may be of interest to you, or to otherwise provide our Services to you. Similarly, if you request information from us through an online contact form (or if you email us), we collect the information you provide (e.g., name, telephone number, email address) so that we can respond to you. Providing us with PII about yourself is voluntary, and you can always choose not to provide certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of or participate in some of the Services' features.
- Information collected from third parties: We may collect information about you or your business from third parties in the course of providing our Services to you. For example, we may obtain information from our merchant customers or we may collect information from a school or university about consumers/students to provide services to those consumers/students. For some services, we may also collect information from third parties, such as credit reporting agencies or financial institutions, or other entities with information pertaining to the Services that we are providing to you. In any case where information is collected from a credit reporting agency, a separate authorization shall be obtained from you prior to our collection of that information.
- Information collected through technology: When you visit our websites or mobile applications (or when you use any of our Services) we may collect certain information about your location, usage, computer or device through technology such as cookies (see below for more information on cookies), web beacons, GPS or other tracking/recording tools. The information collected may include, but is not limited to, IP addresses (see below for more information on IP addresses), referring URLs, access times, location, browser types, device types, mobile device identifiers, or information about your interactions with our websites, applications or services (e.g. the number and frequency of visitors to each web page and the length of their stays, browser type, referrer data that identifies the web page visited prior and subsequent to visiting our Site). We may use the information described in this paragraph to, among other things, (i) operate our Services, including by remembering information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you sign in to your account, (ii) identify and protect our customers, (iii) control unauthorized use or abuse of our Services, (iv) provide custom, personalized content and information, which could include advertising, (v) monitor aggregate traffic patterns on our websites and services, (vi) determine the applicable technology available in order to serve you the most appropriate version of a web page, e-mail, advertising or promotional announcement or similar service, and (vii) analyze and improve our Services.
We will make reasonable efforts to destroy, erase or make anonymous any PII that is no longer required to fulfill the original purpose for which it was originally collected.
2. Sharing of Information
Third Parties Providing Services on Our Behalf: We may share your information with our service providers and business partners (e.g., financial institutions or card brands that issue payment cards or are involved in transaction processing; entities that assist with fraud prevention or collections; merchants that sell gift cards managed through our websites or services; schools; vendors who distribute our marketing and promotional materials), who assist us in providing our Services. We may also share information with our service providers and business partners to help us monitor usage and other analytics regarding our Services, and to help us improve these offerings. When we share your information, including PII, with our service providers and business partners, we only provide the information that these third parties reasonably need to perform their functions.
Third Party Marketing: We may provide information to select outside companies when we believe their products of services may be of interest to you. Those third parties may send you promotional materials in connection with their products or services.
Aggregate Information: We may disclose non-identifying, aggregated user statistics to third parties for a variety of purposes, including describing our services to prospective partners and other third parties. Examples of such non-PII include the number of users who visited these Services during a specific time period or purchased a specific product through these Services.
3. Children's Privacy
Global's websites, mobile applications and services are intended for use strictly by adults. Global does not knowingly solicit or collect PII from children under the age of 13. If Global obtains knowledge that it has collected PII from a child under 13 in retrievable form in its files, Global will delete that information.
4. Browser Cookies
5. Web Beacons
Our web pages or e-mail messages may contain a small graphic image called a web beacon, which is sometimes also called a "clear gif", that allows us to monitor and collect certain limited information about our users, such as the type of browser requesting the web beacon, the IP address of the computer that the web beacon is sent to and the time the web beacon was viewed. Web beacons can be very small or invisible to the user, but, in general, any electronic image viewed as part of a web page or e-mail, including HTML based content, can act as a web beacon. We may use web beacons to count visitors to our web pages or to monitor how our users navigate our Services, and we may include web beacons in e-mail messages in order to count how many of the messages we sent were actually opened or acted upon. We use web beacons to compile aggregate statistics about our Services and our marketing campaigns.
6. Use Of IP Addresses
An IP address is a number that is assigned to your computer or network when you are linked to the Internet. When you request pages from the Services, our servers log your IP address. We may use IP address for a number of purposes, such as system administration, to report aggregate information to our business partners or to audit the use of the Services. We may associate your IP address with the PII you provide.
We also may collect and store information about you that we receive from other sources to enable us to update and correct the information contained in our database and to provide product recommendations and special offers that we think will interest you.
7. Your Choices
Email Communications. From time to time, we may send you emails regarding updates to our websites, mobile applications or products/services, notices about our organization, information about products/services we offer, or promotional offers from third parties that we think may be of interest to you. If you wish to unsubscribe from such emails, simply click the "unsubscribe link" provided at the bottom of the email communication. Because customer lists often are prepared well in advance of an offering (sometimes a few months before the offer is made), you may continue to receive some offers after you send us a request not to use your information for specified marketing purposes. Please be aware that we will process your request as quickly as we reasonably can, but it may not be possible to update our systems immediately. We appreciate your patience and understanding in giving us time to carry out your request. Note that you cannot unsubscribe from certain Services-related email communications (e.g., account verification, confirmations of transactions, technical or legal notices).
In addition, you should be aware that it is not always possible to completely remove or delete all of your information from our databases without some residual data because of backups and other reasons.
Modifying Account Information. If you have an online account with us, you may have the ability to modify certain information in your account (e.g., your contact information) through "profile," "account," "settings," or "preferences" options provided on the website or service. If you have any questions about modifying or updating any information in your account, please contact us at the email address, postal address, or telephone number provided below.
Cookie and Location Controls. You may be able to set your Internet browser or mobile device to block cookies or other tracking/recording tools, including cookies associated with our websites or Services, or to indicate when a cookie is being set by us. However, it is important to remember that many of our websites or Services may not function properly if your cookies or location are disabled. We support the Do Not Track browser setting. Do Not Track (or DNT) is a preference you can set in your browser to let the websites that you visit know that you do not want them collecting certain information about you. For information and instructions about how to manage your cookies, refer to your Internet browser's or mobile device's technical information. Further information on how to adjust your cookie preferences through your browser is available at the external, third-party informational website www.allaboutcookies.org.
Finally, if you do not exercise your opt-out choices upon registration or otherwise at the time the PII is provided, it may take some time to process your opt-out choices. Our systems require time to update, and promotional mailings using PII shared before your opt-out may already be in process. Thus, your PII might continue to be shared with third parties for promotional purposes for some time after you make your request, For similar reasons, if your PII is shared with a third party, Global largely or completely loses control over how that information is used. Thus, even after you have opted out of allowing us to share your PII, you might continue to receive promotional materials from third parties unless and until you duly register your opt-out request with each third party in question.
8. Data Protection and Storage and Consent to Processing
Global maintains reasonable administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect the confidentiality of information transmitted online, including but not limited to encryption, firewalls and SSL (Secure Sockets Layer). Global has implemented policies and practices pursuant to various security rules and regulations relating to the security and safeguarding of payment cardholder data, including the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI-DSS). Global is not liable for loss of passwords due to user negligence. If you believe your password has been lost or compromised, we recommend that you immediately change your password.
No website, internet transmission, computer system or wireless connection is completely secure. Global cannot guarantee that unauthorized access, hacking, data loss, or other breaches will never occur. Your use of the Services is at your own risk. Whenever you give Global sensitive or confidential information, Global will take commercially reasonable steps to protect the information by establishing a secure connection with your web browser. Global uses an industry standard security protocol for encrypting sensitive information. Unfortunately, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and data transmission over the Internet cannot be guaranteed 100% secure. We cannot and do not ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Global and you do so at your own risk.
9. Third-Party Websites and Services
10. Third Party Advertisements
12. Choice of Law
14. Contact Us
General Counsel Office
Global Payments Direct, Inc.
3550 Lenox Road, Suite 3000
Atlanta, Georgia 30326